Taking another page from Mike Taliaferro’s “How We Got the Bible and Why You Can Trust it”…
- 24,970 ancient manuscripts
- Written shortly after the events
- Thousands of eyewitnesses were still alive
- Libraries of the different regions were in agreement
- Quotes form the letters and journals of the time
- The peculiar nature of Koine Greek
The above six points are what Taliaferro deems as keys in determining the reliability of the New Testament scriptures. Are you familiar with these?
This is a great and quick read, and very helpful for the preparing a disciple for missional work! If you are considering taking the One Year Challenge, we highly recommend picking this book up!